Here you find news and updates from the past.
This is just a quick update, as of the 30th June 2020, to let members know where we’ve got to in our plans to allow clubs to restart Autograss action.
Since our last update we’ve been working on our guidance notes for clubs and on a risk assessment template. These have been extensively re-worked over the last couple of weeks to reflect changing government guidance both in the UK and Ireland.
You’ll all be aware of the changes taking effect in England from 4 July, which we’re hoping will also start to be reflected in Scotland and Wales later in July. Ireland moved into the latest phase of its “recovery roadmap” a few days earlier, with Northern Ireland following in a number of respects.
The latest guidance for England still includes limits on “social gatherings” but there are other sections in the guidelines that we consider are open to an interpretation that will allow us to restart events on a restricted scale.
This is our interpretation of the rules, and not everyone will necessarily agree. Therefore it’s vitally important that our proposals are endorsed in particular by our insurers. We’re in the final stages of obtaining their approval for our plans.
As soon as we have that, we’ll release the documents to all clubs. It will then be the clubs’ responsibility to draw up their own detailed plans to comply with our guidance, consult locally and then confirm to us that they have everything in place to run a safe event in accordance with all NASA and Government guidelines. We know that a lot of clubs and supportive members have already put in work that will ease this process. That will be the final step to getting back in action
See all the recent statements
by clicking the link
COVID FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There have been a few questions directed to us by clubs, which we’re sure will be cropping up again and again. These are things we’re sure you’re all asking, although it’s not always proving easy to give the answers you want. A lot depends on what happens between now and the end of the year, and on that we’re keeping positive!
If a club decides not to race this year, will there be any rebates or relief from their insurance costs?
It’s unlikely that we’ll be able to answer this until the end of the year, when we know what proportion of our race programme we’ve been able to achieve. We’ve been in regular touch with our insurance brokers, who as ever have been sympathetic and supportive. They’ve been receiving regular updates on the numbers of cancelled meetings to date and we’re sure they’ll do their best for us. However, it’s just too early to predict what this may be.
If a club, or individual members, don’t race this year, will licences roll over to 2021?
A key consideration here is that only a proportion of the cost of your membership comes to NASA; a major part of it is your club membership subscription. We’d be reluctant to promise anything that could potentially damage clubs’ chances to retain enough income to survive the year. NASA also, of course, has ongoing expenses to meet. However, we’ll be better placed to take a view on this when we have a more complete picture of the year.
Any other questions?
We’re sure many of you will have other things you want to ask us. Just feel free to contact any of us direct, or email the whole board via , or go through your league chairman. We’ll do our best to answer, and if we don’t have the answers at the moment we’ll explain why!
Keep safe and positive everyone, and we hope to see many of you at the tracks before too long
The NASA MEMBERS’ NEWSLETTER Issue 17 is out now!
The NASA MEMBERS’ NEWSLETTER Issue 17 has all the latest news in relation to the current situation surrounding the Corona Virus and the Sport
Click on the icon to download
NEW - NASA MEETING MINUTES 16TH FEB 2020
The NASA MEETING MINUTES from the 16TH FEB 2020 are all available to download on our new downloads section. The minutes archive is coming soon.
Click the link to see the page
NEW - JUNIOR TEST INFORMATION SHEET
The following information for Junior testing should assist you in being prepared for your first race meeting.
Click on the icon to download
SCRUTINEERS MEETING 12TH OCTOBER 2019
Find out about the Scrutineers Meeting 12th Oct 2019 by downloading the document below
ELECTION OF DIRECTORS AND OFFICIALS 2019-20
Find out about the NASA election of directors and officials 2019-20 by downloading the document below
NOTICE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS
Find out about the NOTICE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS by downloading the document below
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE LEAGUE REPRESENTATIVES’ COMMITTEE
Find out about the notice of the Annual General Meeting of the League Representatives’ Committee by downloading the document below
LADIES & JUNIOR APPLICATION PROCESS
Find out about the latest procedure for Ladies & Junior Application forms and download the form below
IF A JUNIOR APPLYING PLEASE STATE WHETHER YOU WILL BE APPLYING IN A JUNIOR SALOON OR A JUNIOR SPECIAL CLASS.
Ladies and Juniors, if you wish to go to the Ladies and Juniors National Autograss Championships, then please fill in the attached form and follow the simple instructions below:
1 Pay the required fee of £25 to your Club
2 Get the form signed by your Club Secretary
3 Make sure all the form is completed together with the acknowledgement slip at the bottom.
4 Send it off on the envelope provided and also enclose a stamped addressed envelope of your own.
5 Ladies, if you wish to compete in two classes, then either obtain a further form from your Club Secretary or please feel free to photocopy the one here or download a copy from the NASA website. Two forms need to be completed if you are racing in two classes.
6 The form can always be scanned and emailed to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org but must be accompanied by the original in the post.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND BY RECORDED OR SPECIAL DELIVERY
5TH SEPTEMBER 2019
LADIES AND JUNIOR NATIONALS 2019
COMING SOON - The full results and review of the Ladies and Junior Nationals 2019, recently held at Southern Autograss.
WEBSITE SPEED ISSUES ON APPLE DEVICES
We would like to Thank the people who have taken time to leave feedback about the new site. We have recently experienced some minor issues with the loading speed of the site and the way the site is displayed on Apple devices. Your feedback is vital to us and appreciated. We are working on this issue and hopefully will be resolved soon.
6TH AUGUST 2019
MENS NATIONALS 2019 - A NEW CHAMPION OF CHAMPION PLUS MORE
See the full results and review of the Mens Nationals 2019, recently held at John Wilkin Raceway, Evesham. During the H & T Trailers sponsored event we saw many new champions crowned and some existing champions retaining their title.
9TH JULY 2019
LIST OF DRIVERS FOR THE MENS NATIONALS 2019
Please use the link below to see the list of all the drivers for the Nationals including the reserves
27TH JUNE 2019
SCRUTINEERS COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES 8TH JUNE
Download it using the links below
9TH JUNE 2019
**UPDATED INFORMATION ** 2020 JUNIORS RACING
2020 JUNIORS RACING will be reduced to 10 year olds in SALOONS AND SPECIALS * Please be aware revised rules will be put in place in respect of the Junior Test regarding 10-12 yr olds racing * ALL MEMBERS are advised to put their ideas to their Chairman ASAP regarding this, so everyones input can be considered
8TH JUNE 2019
TYRE RULES UPDATE
In preparation for the updated tyre rules which apply from July 1st 2019, NASA are pleased to announce that Maxsport tyres have developed new tyres that have been approved by NASA for use after July 1st.
All new Maxsport tyres will carry a new red Maxsport logo to replace the current green logo, the red labelled tyres are the only Maxsport tyres that members will be able to use after July 1st 2019, this does not apply to any tyres that are on the NASA wet weather tyre list.
Production is underway and tyres should start to be available during the coming weeks.
NASA are also pleased to announce that kingpin tyres have also submitted tyres for Autograss use, these have also been approved by NASA as they were before and are available for members, kingpin Autograss tyres will also have a red NASA drive marking after July 1st 2019.
Tyres fitted to non drive axles/wheels must be either car road going tyres permitted in law for road use only or tyres listed on the NASA permitted tyre list.
Permitted wet weather tyres 2019 ( this list has not changed since last updated in 2016)
Hakka, Hakka 2
Photograph courtesy of Will Banks©
The permitted wet weather tyres are not subject to shore hardness rules, however tyre suppliers have agreed to supply them in the same form as other tyres approved for Autograss.
NASA reserve the right to change the wet weather permitted tyre list at any time.
Permitted tyres ( see individual class rules for tyre size restrictions)
This NASA permitted tyre list will apply from July 1st 2019.
The new tyre rules for 2019 were announced in December 2018 giving members time to use any existing stock of tyres that may not be on this list.
Maxsport Autograss tyres - red label
All Maxsport Autograss tyres manufactured after April 2019 as approved by NASA for use after July 2019.
Kingpin Autograss tyres
Kingpin Autograss tyres as approved by NASA for use after July 2019.
Any readily available road going tyres, available from any regular tyre distributor or internet seller for a price of less than £50.00 including vat.
The user is responsible for the shore hardness of these tyres.
Many of this type of Autograss use tyre were on the previous option B list and they will be added to the permitted list as they are approved by NASA.
NASA reserve the right to refuse the use of any tyre at anytime. In addition to the tyre statement above any club race meetings ie not Series/Nationals after the July 1st can use any previously permitted tyres at the club/leagues discretion
30TH MARCH 2019
LADIES AND JUNIOR NATIONALS APPLICATION FORMS 2019
Please note there are NEW application forms for Ladies and Juniors. You can download it easily by clicking the link below
17TH MARCH 2019
JUNIOR AGE LIMIT CHANGE
NASA UPDATE 13/10/2020
Following todays government announcement of the “three tier” system of local Covid-19 restrictions for England, NASA’s expecting this to give us a greater degree of consistency to work with, and therefore we are reviewing our policy of restricting members in high risk areas from travelling to NASA events. We’ll wait until we can read the actual rules from an official source before we finalise our policy, rather than rely on media reports, but we now have a good idea what to expect. We don’t know how long the new rules will last, and of course we only have two weekends left of this season, but we want to move to a policy that will be more practical for us in the longer term. Our previous policy of excluding everyone living in an area with any local restrictions, was rather overtaken by the multiple different levels of restriction that started to appear.
A couple of weeks ago there were suggestions of England being divided on a “traffic light” basis into red, amber and green areas, which would have been easy for us to follow. In the end the government has raised the bands to a higher level, with nowhere being classed as “low risk”. The lowest tier will be “medium risk”. Tier two, or “high risk” combines some areas that would have been in the “amber” level with others that we’d expected to be “red” – including most of the areas currently subject to limited local restrictions. Then we have tier three, “very high risk” that appears to include only Liverpool, to begin with.
NASA’s proposal is now to rule that nobody living in a tier three area can attend NASA events. That’s likely to agree with government advice against unnecessary travel in or out of these areas, although we must wait and see how the government rules are actually written. Those in tier two are unlikely to be subject to any advice against travel, so subject to how the government rules are written, we’ll permit them to attend NASA events. This may “release” some people who were caught by our previous policy. Anyone in tier one won’t see any change. Of course, everyone attending NASA events, whether their home areas are in tier one or two, will need to observe the strict rules on social distancing and “track and test” compliance that all clubs are enforcing, and which is vital to allow the sport to continue at all.
We’ll confirm this guidance as soon as we’ve had a chance to study the small print in the government guidelines, but we hope to finalise a policy that is still sufficiently cautious, but that won’t excessively restrict our members if, by any chance, these rules are still in place when we resume full competitive events at the beginning of the 2021 season.
NASA UPDATE 06/08/2020
The NASA Directors have continued to monitor the almost daily changes in UK and Irish government guidance, as we tread a delicate line in ensuring that the increasing number of practice events we’re authorising are run as safely as possible in compliance with the guidelines. We’ve been particularly concerned by recent changes and possible further changes in the UK’s quarantine requirements for those returning from countries previously on the “safe” list. Our sympathies are with any of our members who may have been put in a difficult position by this. At the same time we have a responsibility to ensure that everyone attending a NASA authorised event complies with all the regulations. Therefore we will be amending our guidance to require all clubs hosting events to add an additional declaration to their entry forms: “I confirm that I have not been outside the UK to any country currently subject to UK compulsory quarantine arrangements within the last 14 days”.
Clubs in Southern Ireland have already confirmed they will be asking entrants “have you been outside the island of Ireland in the last 14 days”.
We’re sure everyone will understand the need for these questions, but unfortunately we do need to say that any non-disclosure or false declaration will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
We’ve also been reviewing all the feedback from the practice days that have taken place so far. It’s become clear that some members are willing to travel long distances to take part in these early events. We hope that, as more clubs become able to stage events under our guidelines, the need to travel will be reduced. However, for those who need to find overnight accommodation before events, it’s not going to be possible to change the risk assessments we’ve agreed with our insurers, which strictly prohibit any camping directly associated with the event. Any breach of these guidelines will be jeopardising future event permits for the club concerned.
For those who wish to camp, we strongly recommend that you use only registered commercial campsites that have their own approved Covid-19 protocols in place. If anybody does need to make an unscheduled stop en route to an event, we respectfully request that this should be outside a 10 mile radius from the race venue, to minimise any possible impact on, or reaction from, local communities around the venue.