Sign up to get the latest news and updates straight to your email. We have some exciting new content coming so don't miss out!
UPCOMING FIXTURES FOR APRIL
NEW NEW FEATURES ON THE NATIONAL AUTOGRASS WEBSITE AND ONLINE LICENCE APPLICATIONS
NASA is gradually introducing a number of new features on the National Autograss website. Including online licence applications. This is initially limited to selected clubs.
The site now has an easy to use and convenient search bar at the top of the site. Try it out. It looks like this.
Watch this video to find out more about clubs and online licencing. Or alternatively click this link https://youtu.be/vqxpROy04gk
NEW NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2021 – PLAN A AND PLAN B
NASA is 100% committed to staging a National Championship for all classes in 2021. Obviously our preference would be to run a 400 car event, with a full complement of spectators and camping facilities, on the first weekend of August.
It’s equally obvious that this might not be possible in 2021. It’s going to be some time before we can even make an educated guess at what sort of restrictions on our lives might be in place by the summer. We’ve therefore come up with a backup plan. This involves spreading the National finals over four weekends at four different venues, to ensure that the standard of competition is maintained, but allowing numbers to be managed at each event.
The plan is still being developed among the directors and we anticipate holding a second planning meeting in a week’s time, when we’ll invite the league chairmen’s representative.
The intention at the moment is that the Ladies’ and Juniors’ Nationals, which has a confirmed host and venue and a date relatively late in the season, should remain as a stand-alone event and entry details for this will be released soon.
There’s a second backup plan involving our Irish members, which will only be needed in the unfortunate event that travel between Britain and Ireland is still being restricted in the summer.
Plans are now at the stage when any feedback from members will be welcomed, but we’d prefer not to have uncontrolled comment on social media. So that NASA members can have the chance to voice their opinions and suggestions on this, and other matters, we’re opening up a forum facility on the NASA website. Watch this space for a further announcement – you’ll be given a link to register on the new forum and we’ll look forward to hearing from you.
NASA MEMBERS' NEWSLETTER - NEW YEAR 2021
2021 SHUT OFF DATES
Signing on Sheets - Sunday 16th May 2021
(Cut-off date to be used towards National Allocations)
Licences - Wednesday 26th May 2021
(Any Men/Ladies/Juniors wanting to compete in the National
Championships must hold a Licence by this date)
R101 - Tuesday 22nd June 2021
(To be returned to Barbara Harper by this date)
L&J Forms - Saturday 25th July 2021
(Any Ladies & Juniors wanting to take part in the Nationals
must have their application with Barbara Harper by Saturday 25th July 2021)
Mens Nationals - 7th and 8th August 2021
Ladies & Juniors Nationals - 4th and 5th September 2021
NASA EGM AND AGM MINUTES NOVEMBER 2020
NASA UPDATE 2020 NOVEMBER
NASA UPDATE 28/10/2020 INCLUDING INFORMATION REGARDING THE NASA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND ELECTION OF DIRECTORS AND OFFICIALS 2020-21
We’d like to thank all our members and helpers for the safe and successful completion of the 2020 programme of Covid-19 compliant practice/test events. We have now brought the season to a close following the final scheduled events on 25 October. Although some clubs have discussed running additional or reserve dates into the winter, including Nottingham club’s request for a permit to run on 8 November, we have decided to stick with the original end date for the season.
The only reason for this decision is that the board can now enter negotiations with our insurers to obtain rebates for the unused part of the 2020 event insurances. The insurers could not begin to consider rebates until the 2020 programme was closed with no possibility of significant new claims arising. A meeting had already been arranged with our insurance broker on Monday 26 October to start this process and it has been decided not to delay this, as we wish to pass on any rebates we can receive, in the form of credits to clubs, as soon as possible. Providing clubs with this reassurance at a time when they are planning 2021 fixtures is seen as an important factor in helping clubs plan for a return to a “normal” schedule of racing for 2021 and we have prioritised this over extending the 2020 season.
We realise this news will be disappointing for Nottingham, and any other clubs that may have been considering applying for winter dates, and for the drivers who were hoping for the rescheduled date to go ahead, but we hope all our members will understand the reason for the decision, and we look forward to bringing some positive news to clubs and members once the negotiations have been completed.
Want to read more news? Visit the news section by clicking here
If you are interested in advertising with National Autograss please email Diane Tomkinson
CLICK ON THE ADVERTS TO VISIT OUR SPONSORS